Active England are looking for a hands-on individual with a background in operations and a passion for cycling to join our team as Operations Manager and Bicycle Mechanic.
- ✔ Maintaining all bicycles and equipment to an exacting standard throughout the season for both our direct and operator fleet.
- ✔ Preparing the bicycle fleet in accordance with business needs on a weekly basis, ensuring all tours have the correct bicycles ready in advance.
- ✔ Purchasing and constructing new bicycles. This may require training other staff to help with additional workload.
- ✔ Maintaining the inventory management processes, including inputting inventory tracking onto our organisational software systems.
- ✔ Liaising with the on-call bicycle mechanic (which we are looking to utilize for all emergencies out in the field) for all emergency situations and regular bicycle issues. This role may include the Operations Manager being an on-call mechanic for support on tours.
- ✔ Becoming the transport manager for the increasing number of Active England vehicles.
- ✔ Developing and maintaining the vehicle maintenance schedule.
- ✔ Building strong relationships with local suppliers which may include other facilities managers, equipment suppliers and operators contracted with the company.
- ✔ Supporting direct and operator trips, working alongside regional wardens to ensure effectiveness of all facilities.
- ✔ Overseeing the operational hub and quality control, ensuring it is kept clean and tidy with all Health and Safety legislation.
What to expect
This is a customer facing role with plenty of customer / guest interaction, as well as working with our guides, so applicants must have good people skills. For insurance purposes, you must be 25 or over and hold a UK driving licence.
Our main facility is near Oxford and Witney in Oxfordshire – this will be the primary location for bicycle and vehicle fleet maintenance. There is also the option of hybrid working from home. There might be the need for occasional travel to our hubs in the North and South West.
Annual Pay: To be discussed on application based on qualifications, experience and level of role. Salary pay beginning at £30k and can raise to £37k.
This role can be Seasonal or Full-time for 6 months over the summer:
- ✔ April – October: Contracted 40 hour working week
- ✔ November: Contracted 20 hour working week
- ✔ December – March: Contracted 10 hour working week
Please email a Cover Letter with your CV to email@example.com or hit the button below. If you have any questions or require further information prior to applying then please use the same email address. We look forward to hearing from you!