Who you are
We are looking for people who are addicted to detail, passionate about travel and able to confidently assist the team in delivering great experiences. The successful candidate will have strong administrative skills, great customer service and the ability to work accurately and efficiently both on their own and as part of a team.
Who we are
Active England Tours (AET) is an active travel operator providing an unrivalled premium experience for North American/ Australian tourists and for UK residents. AET runs a high number of beautifully curated, high-end, active tours including guided, self-guided and bespoke cycling, walking, swimming, and wellbeing adventures.
From our origin in the Cotswolds, we have become the premier provider of active holidays in Devon, Cornwall, The Lake District, Yorkshire, and Northumberland. While running our own tours we also work with numerous business partners within the industry, creating and operating their English active holidays.
Our mission is to open up England as a destination for active travel and continue to be the go-to travel company to book and work with!
Required skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work quickly and intentionally with deadlines, in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable, flexible, and highly organised.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team player with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including excel, word and Outlook.
- Ability to pick up and work with new IT Systems
- Experience within an Office environment, and with Finance Administration would be preferable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Day to Day management of our Tour Operator Software
- Running and distribution of Weekly Reports as required including bank reconciliation, cashflow, tour profitability reports
- Input of invoices from all suppliers including hotels, guides etc
- Management of all Employee Expense Claims
- Reconciliation of internal company expenses, using online platform
- Permanent, Full-time employment and part time options available
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and potential to earn additional annual leave days (due to heavy workload in summer months)
- Flexible working patterns in office and from home
- Company Stakeholder Pension
- Company Private Health Plan and Maternity Package
- Training & career development opportunities
- Team challenge weekends away and team activity days afternoons
- Industry discounts including outdoor clothing/equipment, travel and insurance